Monday, March 15, 2010

Paper Boats

An original poem written and performed for KALOS, GCTS's premiere arts journal.

Two of us sitting on a paper boat
folded up origami we learn to float
sitting on the edge
we stare into the deep
just the two of us, starting to dream

And I don't know where I've come from
and I don't know where I'll go
I know I don't have the answers
but theres no need to know

I'll sail with you till morning
and we'll find our rest at sea
I know Papa's at home waiting
waiting on you to come with me

Lazily gazing at the stars
just the two of us but who knows where we are?
making fishing poles
out of shoestring
to pass the time we started to sing

And I swear I saw the moon
but it was just the pool of your eyes
calling me to come home
but Lord knows I've tried

Where on Earth can I hide
from the moon always at my side
Though I don't see it all the time
I know it hangs there in the sky

And it makes me shiver with what could be
but I think you mistook a better man for me

'cause I'm not who you think I am
I'm not who you think I am
I'm not who I think I am
but you think I am

You think I am
You think, I am
You think.
I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment