Monday, January 4, 2010

Idolatry of God

"When interaction with God looks like more of a monologue than a dialogue, we come to realize we are speaking to an Idol. You only tell it what to do and pray it does it. It can never tell you what to do. This is not the Lord God. God is the God who hears you, so he gave you ears to hear as well. God is the God who speaks to you, so He gave you a mouth as well. God is the God who sees you, so he gave you eyes as well. Our God is not an idol, learn to discern his voice. If not, you may realize that you are worshiping your own self-made image of God." -Paraphrased from Dr. Carol Kaminski

This OT survey class of mine has me thinking and asking so many questions! I feel like I have new life again reading scripture and examining it. What she said in class today rang so true to my experience. I don't have to believe on testimony alone now, for I have seen for myself!

Oftentimes in class I would miss what Dr. Kaminski was saying because I started to read the bible in class. A sentence turned into a section, and a section a page... I forgot to take notes! I think there is not enough time left in the Cosmos for me to get all of my questions answered, but I'll try my best to post them for you guys to answer with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment